Pinetop Lakes Golf & Country Club
USGA Rules Will Govern All Play Along With The Following Local Rules.
- Areas on the course surrounded by landscape edging are NO PLAY ZONES. Relief from interference to stance or swing (but not line of play) is mandatory to avoid damage to plantings and should be taken under rule 16.1b, free drop within one club length of the closest point of complete relief, no nearer the hole. Examples include the edging around 150 yard bushes, and areas located on the left and right sides of #9. Note that there is no relief from interference by the 150 bushes themselves and no relief for line of play.
- Stakes and ropes are considered IMMOVABLE OBSRUCTIONS and should not be moved by players. Relief from interference with stance or swing (but not line) is available under rule 16.1b, free drop within one club length of the closest point of relief, no nearer the hole.
- A ball that lies against a tree root on the fairway is deemed to lie in ground under repair. If the root interferes with your swing or stance, Relief is optional under rule 16.1b, free drop within one club length of the closest point of relief no nearer the hole. No relief if the ball is off the fairway.
- Restrooms on #5 and #17 tees will be marked with white lines and are ground under repair. No relief for interference with line of play.
- A ball that crosses a road is out of bounds. Examples are the roads behind #5, #15 11, and #17 greens. Note: If a ball crosses the road (IE 18) and is on the grass on 18, it is out of bounds.
- All Penalty areas will be clearly marked (yellow, red). Yellow penalty areas (marked with yellow lines or yellow stakes) give the player two relief options (rules 17.1d(1) and (2). Red penalty areas (marked with red lines or red stakes) give the player an extra lateral relief option (rule 17.1d(1) and (2).
- The planters to the left of #14 green are immovable obstructions.
- All wooden bridges (IE. #18) are immovable obstructions along with the rock swail on #18.
- The fence on the left side of #6 is out of bounds. There is no relief from the fence if it interferes with your stance or swing. Rule 16 (2) states….Relief allowed anywhere on course except when ball is in penalty area. Relief from interference by an abnormal course condition is allowed under rule 16.1 only when both:
- The abnormal course condition is on the course (not out of bounds), and
- The ball is anywhere on the course, except in a penalty area (where the player’s only relief is under Rule17).